Hey everyone! I was tagged by Rebecca from 26 Countless Possibilities for the Unpopular Book Opinion Tag. Thanks! (click here to check out her and Sierra’s answers!) Let’s get started, shall we?
1. A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
I actually don’t like to read popular books (I know, I’m odd), so most of the answers will be hard, but I’ll try.
Huh. The Fault in our Stars. I could not get past the first few pages.
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
I’m going to say The Giver. Now, I know a lot of people like this book, BUT MY FAMILY DOESN’T! I adore this book, but my sister and brother hated it!!
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don’t like.
Cahills Vs. Vespers. AMY BELONGS WITH EVAN!!! *ahem* I’m still ticked over the ending of my beloved 39 Clues series.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
Supernatural and romance.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Tris. (ahem. I’ve only watched the first movie and heard my sister talk about the books, but I can’t stand her!)
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
John Green. I just can’t like his books. I’ve tried, but can’t get into them.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
Definitely love at first sight. IT RARELY HAPPENS PEOPLE! Though there have been a few (only a few, mind you) where I’m okay with them.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
Sorry guys, but I’m saying Lord of the Rings. I ADORE the movies, and truth be told, I’ve only read one LotR book (but I liked it a lot!). But yeah, I love the movie trilogy, and they’re always one of my favorite movies.
Now time for the tagging!!
But, if any of you who weren’t tagged want to do it, go ahead and do it! Leave me a link in the comments, I’d love to read your answers!! 😉