Hello everyone! Yes… it hasn’t been a month since my last post!!! And today I’m gonna do something different… a review! For what book, you ask? Well, I’m glad you asked!
It’s by Mary Weber and book 1 in the Storm Siren Trilogy and the book is Siren’s Song.
And now for the cover…
Nym and Draewulf prepare to face off in a battle destined to destroy more lives than it saves.
With the loss of Tulla still fresh in mind, Rasha’s fate unknown, and Lord Myles taken over by the dark ability, Nym and the few Bron soldiers rush to warn Cashlin’s queen. Only to discover it may already be too late for the monarch and her eerie kingdom. As the Luminescents are sifting through Nym’s past memories and the queen is reading into her future, Nym is given a choice of how to defeat Draewulf, but the cost may be more than she can bear. And even then there are no guarantees.
With that reality burrowing into her bones—along with the guilt of the lives she will sacrifice—Nym returns to her homeland of Faelen to raise an army of peasants through promises of freedom. But when the few friends she has left, along with the world and citizens she loves, are staring down the face of a monster and his undead army, will Nym summon every element her blood is capable of controlling . . . or surrender to a different strength—one of sacrifice?
Because in the end, death may be more merciful for them all.
And … there you have it folks! That is the final book in the Storm Siren Trilogy! Now, onto the review! (FYI, I haven’t written a mini review in awhile…)
So, first of all, isn’t that cover GORGEOUS?? I love it and I have it in hardback!! 😀
Well, I read the first book in this trilogy because a lot of my Goodreads friends loved it, and I read it, but … I wasn’t quite a fan. But, I actually enjoyed the second one. And when I got onto this one… I have to say, that it was probably my least favorite of the trilogy. Reasons? Well, I’ll get into that in a moment. First, what I liked about it!
- I hadn’t started liking Nym until the end of the second book, and then I went back to not liking her in this book. But by the end I was back to kinda-sorta liking her! (A little complicated…
- This had action! Yay!
- Though the second book was my favorite, it had lost the fantasy touch that the first one had. But this one brought it back!
- In this book, I liked Myles the best! (Meaning, I liked him in the first and second book, but he was my favorite in this one.)
- There were a lot of different Uathúils (which, in Irish, means unique … so, cool!), which I thought was pretty awesome to see the different ones all together!
Now, onto the bad…
- I couldn’t quite get into this. I had just finished the second book seconds before I started this one (second, seconds. get it??? 😀 ), so I thought that it would be easy to get into. Well, not quite…
- I didn’t like the romance (Eogan and Nym). I never did. Never will. I didn’t like how it was handled, or the people. Though, Rasa and Myles…
- There’s a lot of cursing. Sure, it’s made up. But, you can definitely tell what they’ve substituted.
- This didn’t bother me quite as much, but it was kinda dark. And a “shape shifter” who basically just took over other’s bodies.
- Lastly, it was kinda confusing. Like, I know I read it really fast and late at night and stuff, but still…
Anyways, so those’re my thoughts on Siren’s Song! Hope you enjoyed reading this
long mini review!
Three stars ∗∗∗
And while I personally didn’t care for the series, a lot of other people do! But, this series is probably for older teenagers and up.
(And I’ll be doing a more “in-depth” review on my other blog in, say, three weeks. So, check it out then!)
Thank you, BookLook Bloggers for giving me Siren’s Song. All opinions are my own, and blah, blah, blah, etc.