Hello everyone! So, today I’m participating in a book tour for a book that I got to beta and is actually my favorite book that I’ve read this year (other then some rereads)! I hope you enjoy this post, and you can find the rest of the tour at the bottom of the post!
Also, I guess that I’d better mention the book. Twinepathy by C.B. Cook!!
(Oh, and, I’m doing an interview with a mystery someone and a book review!)
First a little bit about the author and the book:
The Author (C.B. Cook):
C.B. Cook is just a girl trying to find out where her King is guiding her, while writing the stories of the people she creates, the worlds she wants to live in, and the adventures she dreams about. Also known as a mysterious creature called an “author”. She’s a Christian and a home school graduate dedicated to changing others’ lives through the power of the written word.
The Book (Twinepathy):
Albany York has a secret.
Albany and her twin sister, Brooklyn, have spent years successfully hiding their telepathic connection. But when a girl falls unconscious at their doorstep, the girls learn that they might not be the only people in the world with extraordinary powers and that a memory thief is on the loose. As the twins try to help the girl find her memories, they discover that the superhero world might be bigger—and more dangerous—than they ever imagined.
Time for links and stuff!
Now, peoples, time for something exciting!!! Guess what it is?! Can you guess? Fine! I’ll tell you! 😛
I’M DOING AN INTERVIEW WITH ALBANY AKA MY TWIN.
So … yep. Let us begin after a quick word.
Reading Twinepathy, I found that Albany and I are SO CREEPILY SIMILAR, and awhile back I kinda pestered C.B. (you’ll find that I do that a lot! 😉 ) into testing some of the characters by the Meyer-Briggs personality type. And Albany and I are both INTPs. And, let me just say, she is the first INTP book character that I have ever read about. Needless to say, I’m happy!
The Interview with Albany York
Starting off: I got the chance to beta read Twinepathy, and it was amazing!! But, along with that, means that I had to wait FOREVER ’til everyone else could read it! And I am soooo glad that you all can read this amazing book!
So, the characters. They’re definitely what made the story so amazing:
- Albany: As I’ve said, she’s the first character (of ever) that I’ve read with my MB type, and it was GLORIOUS, I tell you! She’s a great narrator, and sometimes breaks the fourth wall, making it really interesting!
- Brooklyn: She’s Albany’s twin, who, unfortunately, gets left in the background sometimes. But all is well! When she was in it, she was amazing and really balanced Albany out!
- Maddie: OH, THE ADORABLENESS!! Seriously. She’s this little girl who has no memory and I JUST WANT TO HUG HER SO BADLY!!!
- Blaze: Confession time: I really want him and Albany together (when they’re older, mind you!) because since Albany and I are so similar, it’s the closest that I can get to dating him. 😉 But he’s just joke after smile after joke, but can be serious when the moment calls for it!
- Jen: She’s the leader of IDIA, and she kind of takes Albany and Brooklyn under her wing. She has a lot of secrets and all, and is really cool, and I can’t wait to learn more about her!
- Anvil: Ah, a crowd favorite! Let’s just say: I want his COOKIE RECIPE!!
Now, C.B.’s writing is so brilliant, especially for someone so young! I loved it, and I could definitely feel myself getting lost in the story! And how she tied all of the superpowers together? Ahh!!! Amazing!
Something that I also love, is that it’s realistic! The girls still have to go to school, they get to go to the bookstore, they have to worry about their parents not finding out … it’s all awesome!
Basically, this is a clean, lighthearted, superpower book that is full of jokes and superheroes and penguins (okay, not the penguins, but still!). So: this book was written for me!!!
Seriously, I’d recommend this! It’s clean and funny so that all ages would enjoy this! Why are you still here?? Go read this! (Wait, no! I wasn’t serious! Finish this post first!)
Five Stars ∗∗∗∗∗
I hope that you all enjoyed my review! I was trying not to use all caps… 😛 But I’m serious, you all need to read this!
And to wrap up this post, I have the schedule for all the other blogs participating in the tour, so I’d suggest that you look at them for more interviews (character and author!) and reviews!